Slovo autora

Servus, whoever you are. This blog offers you some tips for trips, links and my experiences with given tour. There could be also some interwievs or philosophical thoughs hidden here and there. But don't take them to seriously.
Don't hesitate to contact me in case you want to ask for info and also write comments if you like: tomasjavurek09@SPAMNOTgmail.com


Saturday, July 11, 2015

Non-stop run - Low Tatras (Slovakia)

difficulty: f...ing tough
altitude: ~2000 meters 
date: June 
total elevation:~2450 meters
length: 47.5 km 

All the pictures and information can be found at official page: non-stop run
The map have been designed by TrackProfiler: trackprofiler

This is another interesting experiance, another approach to the mountains, another proof of your strength, another way to get at very limt  (both physically and psychically).

The family of my girlfriend (and soon also my family) was a great supporting team. They brought me to the place of start. I think all of us were quite shocked by the people there. My original ambitions quickly disappeared in that crowd of muscles with Salomon tattooed all around. "Great job, Kilian." I told myself counting that few people not having Salomon boots. There would be certainly much less people 10/20 years ago. I would like to see similar positive increase with orienteering, which is certainly more extreme and natural sport but due to media not that cool nowadays.

The race: long painful run, anything else. Several refreshment stations, even more than officially announced, nice organization, perfect supporting team in the pass "Hliadelske sedlo". I was looking forward for them for all painful 36 km, and then I just expressed all the complains and nasty words I had thought of last 10 km (sorry guys I wasn't able to laugh at that point).  The last 12 km was a hell. Half-marathon runners joined us at that point what wasn't really a pleasure as they were much faster than we and we were surely obstacles for them. Also the race was leading little bit differently than announced what destroyed the last piece of my psychical health. I was even more upset when a first woman flew over me like it would be just morning jogging.

Some hints for the next time:
- train more
- train running down
- do not run with the stones in the boots during the race
- start slower
- be polite after 30 km, there can be children!

My place in final rating wasn't very good, 44th place, but also not very bad. There were 270 runners at the start but only 193 finished that race. Finally, I am happy about that - this result gives me space for improvements but not demotivate me completely!

a lot of stony paths and downhill running!



This man at the picture above is my hero. His name is Pobuda Jan and he is 61 years old. He finished this race at 59th place what is even more inspiring for people of his age as well as for me. Similar words belongs to Trombik Emil who was born in 1946 and completed the race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment